Pikku L

Monday, November 27, 2006

20 Words and Artist

My work is:

Intrinsic
collective
multilayered
social
varying
childish
interactive
vulnerable
crafty
simplistic
antiquated
colorful
joyful
connecting
incomplete
confusing
stowed
compact
textured
quiet

Carlo Zinelli

The artist that I admired the most is Carlo Zinelli. Many people have looked over the art created by "outsiders", but I have found its simplistic beauty to be amazing. I was lucky to have discovered a book in the library during my freshman year. The book highlights work by "outsider" artists that have made a name for themselves. Many of outsider artists are actually prisoners of the mind. They were metal patients at institutions or prisoners at a prison. Outsider Art also includes many other artist considered to be naieve. This category includes children and adults.

I just love th birght vivid colors used by Carlo Zinelli. He used alot of patterns or similar shapes over and over. His work is similar to abstract expressionists, in which he leaves no spcae empty. He used simple supplies that anyone could use. Often paint on paper or cardboard. His style is very interesting for you don't know what he is trying to get at. Many of the Outsider Artists from his time created similar styles in work. The Outsider Artist has slipped away from the scene, for many of the hallucinations used by the artist have disappeared with psychopharmacology.

My older work was very similar to Zinelli's style. The picture above is a piece that he has influenced. My newer work isn't aesthetically similar and doesn't have the same ideas, well maybe a little bit. Can't I just admire this artist for his work? Do I actually have to share his ideas to admire his work? My work is mostly simplistic on the outside but deeper in my mind. To me my work has to affect me not necessarily the viewer. I do love bold color with simple black and white, which is a main part of Zinelli's work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home